It’s my first time to post a non-beauty related blog! Carrying on with my 2017 blogging goals, I’ve said that I would venture out and be open about my blog and make it more personal. This is me being personal as I share my love for food (or making food). Food and makeup are probably 2 of my most favourite things.
Anyway! Let’s go on and make cookies. Note that I only took pictures when it was done. I didn’t record the whole process because I wasn’t planning on posting about it so bear with me and I will improve my documentation process next time. HAHA!
Pinterest is a pinteresting place and I’m always on it when I’m hungry. So I found this recipe for cookies with only 5 ingredients! Is it heallthy? Of course not. LOL. But it’s easy and it hit all my craving spots!
I got this recipe here from Baker by Nature. But I’ll copy and paste the whole recipe here.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 tablespoons salted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 10 Oreo cookies, broken into pieces
- In the body of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add the sugar and beat well.
- Add in flour, a small bit at a time, beating in on low speed, just until incorporated. Fold in oreos until evenly distributed.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 45 minutes, and up to 2 hours.
- 30 minutes prior to baking, preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out 2 tablespoon sized balls of dough, roll them into rounds, and place them on the cookie sheet. Lightly press down on each cookie.
- Place pan in the oven to bake for 10-11 minutes, or until *just golden at the edges. They will still be very soft when you remove them from the oven – that’s a good thing!
- Cool on the baking sheet for 10 full minutes, then very carefully transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy 🙂
I doubled the recipe and eyeballed the cream cheese and butter because I don’t know how to measure cream cheese in ounces and butter in tbsps. #noob! The cookies will feel soft when you take them out. Once they completely cool, it’ll be chewy but the Oreos will keep its crunch!
I’ll definitely make these again next time!
Also, how do you guys feel about food and lifestyle posts?
Thanks for reading! ❤️