Neutrogena got us – and our entire faces – covered! This Light Therapy Acne Mask is a new and innovative way to get rid of acne without spending thousands of bucks on expensive treatments. I’m so excited when I received this for free to review cause I’ve never seen anything like this in the market and I think it’s very intriguing to see it’s effectivity.
How does it work?
The inner part of the mask is lined with 21 red and blue LED lights to target the major causes of acne, Propionibacterium acnes and infammation. The blue light apparently kills off the P.acnes bacteria and the red light targets inflammation. The lights that work together make up that neon pink colour that gives off that millennial futuristic colour! I love it!
I think it’s safe for the eyes since it comes with amber-coloured sunglasses that reduce glare. If it is too bright for you, you can close your eyes for the length of the session. The mask comes with an “activator” with 4 alkaline AA batteries. The activator lasts for 30 sessions which can last up to a month.
How to use:
- Wash your face to remove makeup and oils
- Connect the mask to the activator. A number of sessions left will automatically appear once you connect the two.
- Open the over-ear arms and put on the mask like you are putting on a pair of glasses.
- Press and hold the power button for 1 second until the lights turn on.
- Relax and wait for 10 minutes. It will automatically turn off once the session is done. *Even though it comes with amber-coloured lens, I recommend closing your eyes because it can be too bright for some.
- Continue with your regular facial routine once the session is done.
- Once the activator reaches zero, recycle it through Neutrogena and Stericycle (details on Neutrogena.ca) and keep the mask. If you need more sessions, you can just buy a separate activator.
Does it work?
I get occasional acne here and there but for the sake of this post, I used somebody else to see and monitor the progress. He used it for 10 sessions inconsistently for 2 weeks. These are the results:
From this picture, you can see that there are a few new spots but the pores appear so much smaller. Some spots are gone as well.
The forehead has the biggest improvement of all. There is a significant difference with the size of the spots. Some of them completely disappeared.
All in all, I think the Light Therapy Acne Mask works when you’re religiously using it for 2 weeks straight. You will start to notice your skin clearing up and your pores appearing smaller. I’m quite impressed with this innovation! It is recommended to use it for 30 sessions and it’s safe to use daily. I’m assuming results are better when you use it consistently.
Light Therapy Acne Mask + 30 session Activator: C$45.99 – 49.99
Activator only with 30 sessions: C$19.99-21.99
*Powered by BrandBacker
Thanks for dropping by!