January isn’t done yet so I think it’s still acceptable to have a round up about the things I loved (and still love) in the past year.
January 2016 was when I first started my blog. I was reading my 2016 goals and I told myself to MAYBE start a blog. That “maybe” became a reality that I never thought I would do. I didn’t just start a blog, I also filmed 1 video! That was scary. I remember being so scared about what would people say and how would people judge me behind their screens. I would always tell myself that starting a beauty blog was so far-fetched and impossible. I couldn’t fathom being that annoying girl who blabs about makeup all the time! I swallowed everything and did it anyway. Because why not!
I want to take this moment to thank everyone who clicked on this post and took a little bit of their time to hear (read) what I have to say. Even if you’re just here to grammar-check me, or point out all my flaws, I still appreciate you being here! People have unexpectedly been very supportive about my beauty blog that it makes me want to continue on with it. It was fun and became something I look forward to. It also made me buy more makeup with an accompanying rationalisation that I NEED it for blogging. All the more reason to buy more makeup, hemayreyt??
I admit that I have been MIA for the past couple of months mainly because things got busy with life. With that, my interest in makeup and beauty diminished. I noticed that I had too much makeup that I’m not even using and had to purge out almost half of my stuff before we moved to our new place. I wanted to use up everything I have on hand before I buy anything (living minimal is a new goal. Lol). Does that mean I have to blog less? I don’t think so. I’d like to think that it’s going to help me squeeze out my creative juices. Blogging not just about makeup, but also about life. This 2017, I want to make this blog more personal – a lot about beauty and little bits about my life. Who knows what I’ll say in a couple of months and who knows where my blog will go. I suggest we all sit back and let it all play.
Enough about me! Let’s start talking about my beauty favourites for the year 2016 (and beyond)
Some of these products are my holy grail too. Y’all have probably seen these products pop up often on my blog. It’s a long post so I’ll try and make it super easy to read by writing it in bullet form!
MOISTURIZERLaneige Water Bank Moisture Cream, C$42 at Sephora
I received this moisturizer at a media event and I am so grateful that I got to try it!
- great light-weight yet super hydrating moisturizer
- perfect especially during the winter
- doesn’t sit on top of my skin
- doesn’t make me look greasy
- did not break me out
Nest Fragrances Indigo, C$78 at Sephora
I rarely splurge on perfume you guys but I did it for this little fella. The scent is so unique and sweet that I easily got hooked. It lasts until the middle of the day on my skin but it lasts til the next day on my clothing.
*Notes: Moroccan Tea, Kashmir Wood, Cardamom, Wild Fig
Loreal Infallible Pro-Glow , $11.99 at Shopper’s Drug Mart
I’ve been religiously using this foundation since I bought it and haven’t touched any other since.
- Water based
- Feels like nothing
- Doesn’t cling on dry patches
- Soft glowy (not oily) finish
- Ignored all my other foundations when I tried this
- Did a full review here!
BROWSBenefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil, C$30 at Sephora
- I started from not loving this product to being obsessed with it
- I’m on my second pencil
- The pencil itself lasted for about 6 months til I finished it! Note that I used it everyday
- Much more cost-effective than the skinny brow pencils
- Stays on the whole day
- Applying it is so much easier because of the thick diamond shape
- I also did a full review about it here!
EYESHADOW PALETTEMorphe 35O Matte, around C$25 at IMATS 2016
I braved the IMATS crowd this year and got myself a Morphe palette. The thing I love about this palette is it’s versatility. I’m so poor at comparing eyeshadows’ staying power cause all of them feel the same to me. It wasn’t hard to blend and it’s very pigmented. I believe Morphe shadows are worth it especially for their price!
MASCARAMaybelline Lash Sensational
- The best mascara of life
- Stays on for the entire day
- If you want to see pictures of how it looks, click here!
BLUSHH&M Blush in Apricot, C$4 at H&M Beauty (on sale)
- Minimalistic packaging that I adore
- Light and travel-friendly (as if I travel. LOL)
- The colour pay off
- Perfect for everyday
CONTOURKat Von D Shade & Light, C$55 at Sephora
The picture above is of a back up. The one I’m currently using is unacceptable for pictures! I’ve already hit major pan on the middle banana shade!
- That first ashy contour shade
- That middle banana shade for setting and “baking”
- Verstile palette, can be used as eyeshadow too
- Long lasting
HIGHLIGHTBecca x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector Champagne Pop, C$53 at Sephora
As you can clearly tell, it is all cracked and fragile becasue of how soft it is. I have seen so many shattered pictures of this product and thankfully it hasn’t happened to me (though it is on the brink of getting there!).
- Buttery soft powder
- Lasts the whole day even if I touch my face a bunch of times
- Shimmer you can see from across the room! That highlight tho!
- Review and swatches here!
LIPSBite Beauty Multisticks, C$28 at Sephora
- Video on how I used it here!
- Review and swatches here!
- Stays super matte on the lips which means it’ll stay put for hours!
- Super travel friendly (smh for using the word “super” a million times)
Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask, C$30 at Sephora
- Religiously been using this EVERY NIGHT
- I’m on to my 3rd tube
- Hydrating and thick
- Perfect for overnight treatment and for the winter
- I indeed wake up with extra soft lips when I put this on
That’s it! Those are all the things I love and have been using all the time. My goal is to use up all these things before I move on and buy anything! Cheers to another year of blogging!
Thanks for dropping by!